Dark Night of the Soul


There's nowhere to go from here
but down
deeper into the well
where I'm told
the treasure lies 

it's walls are jagged and rough
there's no where to grab on

the air is thick with death and decay
I can barely breathe.
It hurts.
feels like hell

____

A soft whisper in the background says
stop thrashing, precious child
relax and breathe
come deeper still my love
fall into me

I'm not finished with you yet.
_____

She releases me
after what seems like eternity
gasping the glorious fresh air
once again
grateful to be alive

the familiar colors and textures of 
the dense world I've tolerated
become brighter, friendlier
and more inviting

i cautiously welcome
this reprieve from the grip
of death
and yet something knows that around
the corner looms the next round
of annihilation
____

I'd like to think that with each plunge
there's a little more grace
a little less thrashing
but perhaps that's not true at all

perhaps she's teaching me to let go
and to be messy again
to get comfortable with the discomfort
of feeling everything

I know in my heart of hearts
I am being shown
the way to re-discover
the gems which I seemed to have lost
unshakeable TRUTH
unconditional LOVE
and true everlasting PEACE

My soul asked for this
The darkness pulls me in again and again
heels dug deep
willingly
to humble this raging ego
and rip this heart open wide
so that I may live like I was born to live...

Fearless, Wild, and Free! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human Design PHS Experiment - Diet of Indirect Light and Touch

Gate 47 - The THORN in our FOOT

So I'm a 6/2 Splenic Manifestor-What the Heck does that mean?